Happy Tuesday Dears,
I am declaring for all of us that we will have an excellent week, and even if something goes wrong, I’m trusting that God will see us through. Yes!!! The great sustainer. So, how was everyone’s weekend?? You already know how mines was. And now…It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Have you all finished Christmas shopping or are you carrying a late pass?
On black Friday “Rashidagurl” had a fabulous sale at her Etsy online shop. I had been swooning over those earrings for a few weeks, so I took advantage of the sale and ordered some. Last week when my daughter called to tell me that had arrived in the mail, I was so excited and she was excited too, “Ooh Ma, can I open this package and see your earrings, and the package, the way she wrapped it is sooooo cute”.. NO! I screamed at her. I want to see the pretty packaging too (I’m terrible) lol.. The wrapping was very cute and the earrings are so adorable. Different, unique, bright, bold, I love them!! My son said to me, “they look very 80’s”… This coming from someone born in the new millennium.. These kids know too much these days. He was right though, and that’s one of the things I love about them. I wore them to church and got tons of compliments on them. Thanks Rashida for producing such an amazing work of art. Be sure to check out her shop and see some of those amazing earrings. Here I am sporting mines below.
Guess what? I am finished Christmas shopping. I am not stressing about it. Thank God!! And I am making an effort to really expound on the whole meaning of Christmas to my children. Not the fluffy, watered down version that some of us tell our kids, but the real deal. I wish people wouldn’t sink into depression and constant worry over gifts. I feel that if the focus were shifted to where it belongs, that would cut out the stress that many people feel during the holidays. I like giving and receiving gifts too, but that is not going to be my main focus on Christmas. It’s when we celebrate the birth of Christ. To me, nothings more important. Me and the kiddies are going to be in church, celebrating the life of Christ. What are your plans for Christmas?
On my job, we are having 10 days of gift giving secret Santa style. Below you will find some of my choices. If you are looking for some gifts on a discount, here a few ideas that are nice and won’t break the bank.
- Gift cards -you can never go wrong with gift cards. Almost every store has them and you can get them in $10, $20, $50 dollar denominations and above. I learned this trick from my children’s grandmother a few years ago as she said gift cards were a lot less stressful than trying to buy gifts for nine grandkids.
- Gift cards to a favorite restaurant or to the movies .I have been given both and they do come in handy.
3. A nice sweater -Old Navy and Target have nice sweaters for the entire family.Most of the selections are on sale so how can you go wrong.
4. A foot massager -A great way to calm down and relax after a long day and very affordable too.
I have to tell you about gift idea #5. For the last seven days or so, I had been having headaches off and on. I’d take pain relievers and the relief I had was brief, if any at all. I am a migraine sufferer, but only during certain times. I also have sinus and allergy issues and this constant headache had me thinking that it’s the culprit. My daughter reminded me of an anti-stress/sinus pillow I had purchased over a year ago, but had never used. To tell you the truth, I didn’t even remember having it. I purchased it at Bath Bed and Beyond. It has some kind of ionic beads inside and you are to heat the eye pillow in the microwave at 30 second intervals and then wrap over your forehead. The warm compression is to relieve sinus and tension headaches. You can also use it as a cold compress over your eyes to relieve puffiness. When I wrapped it around my forehead, I immediately began to feel relief. Within minutes my nose felt less constricted, and I was really digging this thing. I used it twice more that night and have not had a headache since. I am sold. If you know anyone who has sinus/allergy or suffers migraines, this inexpensive gift would be a welcomed addition.
- Earth Therapeutics Anti-stress/Sinus pillow – you can find it here at Amazon, bed bath and beyond, kohl’s and Ulta .
- Movies/DVD’s from Wal-Mart –Wal-Mart sells some of their DVD movies for as low as $5. This is especially a great gift for those movie buffs you may know.
- Photo calendar – this is such a good gift for those relatives and friends that live out of state. I can just see my face lighting up every time I turn to a new month in the year and see someone who I love.
- Ematic 4G, video player w/built in 3’’ touch screen, 5MP video camera, radio, and E-Book reader -This device is so cute and comes in a variety of colors. It reminds me of an iphone. I think this gift is good for teens, and adults. You can see and purchase it here .
- Watches- How can you go wrong with a nice watch and you don’t have to spend loads of money to get a nice watch.
- Stocking stuffers- This is has always been a great gift of mine. Get a stocking, decorate it, and fill it with things that the recipient will love. You can get lotions, shaving creams, socks, jewelry and lots more inside of a stocking.
I do hope that you all are having a great week and keeping it stress free on all avenues. Don’t let the Christmas season bog you down, for this is the season of great cheer. I love that song that goes “It’s the most wonderful time of the year”. And if you so happen to be looking for savings on a nickel, feel free to cop some ideas from my ten things.
Peace and blessings